Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker Review
There was a time when if you wanted to enjoy a cup of espresso or cappuccino, you first have to go to a coffee bar (preferably after you hop into a plane to Italy). But that’s no longer case, and the Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker with Professional Filter offers convincing proof that you can enjoy a high quality cup of coffee at home whenever you want.
Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker Features
So what can you expect from the Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker?
- It comes in an elegant stainless steel body.
- The control panel includes two buttons for manual control brewing and for reaching steaming temperature. There are also two indicator lights to indicate steam temperature and whether it is on or off.
- There’s a 3-way solenoid valve to help regulate pressure, and it delivers a widespread shower.
- It has a turbo frother attachment for easier frothing.
- The steam wand is mounted on a ball joint to accommodate different sizes of milk pitchers.
- Maintenance is made easier with the removable drip tray and reservoir.
- It comes with a couple of “perfect crema” filters, along with another filter for Easy Serve Espresso pods.
- The filter holder is of professional quality. It also comes with a commercial-style portafilter that measures 58mm and made of chrome-plated brass.
- The rotating steamer attachment offers convenient access to froth milk, and to hot water for your tea.
- There’s also a water filter included to improve the quality of the water you use.
Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker Pros
A lot of people love this machine, and they have very good reasons for this:
- It can make a superb cup of coffee. Really, once you get a taste of the coffee that’s just right for you, then the expense and the effort will be worth it. This machine makes it possible for you to go beyond a “great” cup of coffee to something that approaches perfection.
- It looks great. It turns out that you can judge this book by its cover, as its elegant and stylish looks complement the product it delivers.
- It can last you a very long time. Some people have been using their Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker for years now and the quality of the coffee it produces has not dipped a bit.
Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker Cons
Basically, the gripes about the Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker come down to two things:
- The price is high. Even the most ardent lovers of the Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker have to admit that the price can seem a wee bit exorbitant. That’s why they say that “it’s worth the price” on their reviews.
- It’s not that easy to use. There’s a certain bit of trial and error involved here before you can brew yourself the absolutely perfect cup of coffee. You have to consider everything: the coffee beans you buy, when you grind them, the water you use, and how you manually brew the coffee.
There’s bit of effort needed from you, especially when it comes to regular maintenance. You ought to read the manual thoroughly, and you should clean it regularly too.
The reviews written by people who bought the Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker are mostly positive. In Amazon, for example, out of the 28 reviews posted only 4 were one-star rating reviews. There were 10 which gave it five stars and another 6 four-star reviews.
While there are many reviews which offer unconditional love for the Gaggle Class, there are also a lot of “It’s good, but…” reservations. The problem is that there are several Gaggia Baby versions, and the RI8157/40 version is much better than its siblings such as the Gaggia Baby Class D. Some of the negative reviews were actually about these inferior versions.
Still, many mention the price as somewhat on the high side. What’s more, some people complain about the machine because they were unable to use it properly. That’s why it crucial that you read the manual carefully, so that you will know how to operate those buttons. And some people also complain about the maintenance requirements.
But all in all, the consumer reviews are still mostly in favor of the Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker. Despite the imperfections, a lot of people love it. For the most part, the typical Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 review contains the words “awesome”, “good”, and “fine”.
It can give you a superb cup of coffee. However, you need to know what you are doing. You have to buy the right kind of coffee to use and you have to master the use and maintenance of the machine.
It can cost quite a bit, though. You can head on out to Amazon for best price. If you accept the fact that you get what you pay for, then the price is certainly worth it if your day isn’t complete without a good cup of espresso or cappuccino.